Guernsey

We awake, still achy and groggy but measuredly are able to shower, shampoo and get to breakfast. Advil eases my headache so I can wash, untangle and dry my hair.
Breakfast is simple our tummies have shrunk in the past few days. Muesli with almond milk of which half remained uneaten and decaf coffee.
We decided not to go ashore and then reversed our selves, garnering a ticket then after an hour deciding it would be too much. Dan was sweating and he didn't need the chill. I am weak and wobbly but somewhat improved.
We went to lunch. My choices odd: creamed cauliflower, turnips and a slice of sweet potato with a green salad. Dan chose roast chicken.

We returned to our cabin to pack. And tired so now napping.

At five we dress for cocktails. Our suitcases must be out by dinner so we will wear tomorrows clothes.

A glass of merlot, a visit with Mary Joy. And dinner calls.

I have no appetite. I nibble at Watermelon, too salty. And then the Chicken pot ie comes its big enough for three. The top is cut off so the steam escapes. Its marvelous my tummy has shrunk.

We go to bed early like 8 :30.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glaslow - Scottish Highlands

Reykjavic Seattle Portland

Bath, England